Increase your chances of being spotted by recruiters with these CV tips.
Whether you’re looking for a job in the engineering, IT, marketing, or any other industry, there are three fundamental factors to keep in mind when writing the perfect Project Management CV.
1. Your CV needs to be action-driven
The only way you’re going to get any results, is to ensure you stay clear of sounding like you’re simply regurgitating your previous job description. Telling the hiring manager what your duties and responsibilities were in your previous job, makes you come across as if you only met the minimum requirements of your position.
Highlight your greatest strengths and accomplishments by using action-driven phrases. Some that will have recruiters lining up in your inbox are:
2. Your CV needs to be keyword-rich
Using the right keywords for the position you’re applying for increases the chances of your CV crossing recruiters’ radars. What will make your CV stand out even more is adding keywords that your specifically tailored for the sector you’re applying in. For instance, while a project manager in construction may speak of back charge, a project manager in IT will not be able to do the same.
Although not all-inclusive, the below are a few examples of keywords you can incorporate into your CV:
3. A CV showcasing your successes
When reading your CV recruiters like to see what contributions you made in your previous positions, if there were any results, and what you accomplished. Some focus on a challenge you were faced with, the action you took and what the result of that was.
Use these starter questions to help articulate your successes on your CV:
1. What role did you play in leading and managing a project within the phases of the project lifecycle?
2. How many projects were you simultaneously responsible for?
3. How did you define the size and scope of the projects you managed?
4. How did you manage the competing demands and needs of each individual project?
5. Did you play any part in contracts and proposals? What was the outcome?
Are you ready for a project management career? Get to it with Careers24 - upload your CV, browse our job ads and stay up to date with the latest jobs, tips and advice.